Happy Monday folks, I’ve had a productive weekend on the hobby front and I wanted to share something a bit random with you, plus a cheeky WIP for my next little project (it’s a bit of a photo bomb today).
First up, we have an uncatalogued ”87 (I think) Jabberwock by Bob Olley, and what a beauty she is! I picked her up for a reasonable sum a few weeks ago, and she needed a good amount of clean-up work and restoration before painting – she had nasty claggy glue all over the place! Once cleaned, assembled and filled, I decided to try a very different painting approach with this old girl. She got a white undercoat and then I painted her with ink washes only, (though I did use ‘normal’ paint for the base, claws and the pupils of her eyes). I deliberately went for a naturalistic pallet of greens, browns and yellows, and I’m really pleased with the result. The plan is to use her as a GM controlled sump creature, Deathworld monster, or some other npc nasty: