Greetings Terrans, how goes it? I’m still playing catch-up on the painting that has been going on in the background, so here’s another photo dump… Strap in :-)
I mentioned in the last post that I had managed to squeeze in a couple of games of Warcry around April time, and so had a couple of rolls on the followers table. One of those produced the Skaven I shared in part 6, but the second roll actually turned into 2 rolls (legit – one of the results is ‘roll twice on the followers table’!), and I managed another pair of Beastmen and 4 Harpies…
The Beastmen were easy enough – I have plenty of Tzaangors kicking around so I used a pair of them, though annoyingly, I rolled generic Beastmen rather than power-specific ones… I could’ve ‘cheated’, but you know how precious Tzeentch is about his plans, so I just took the hint, looked at it as a modelling challenge and went with it. Luckily, the Tzaangors are quite amenable to a simple face swap:
Next, I looked at the Harpies – unfortunately, not something that exists in AoS these days! The Chaos Furies were pretty close and I could’ve just gone with them, but again, I chose to follow Tzeentch’s master plan & did some converting with some female Elf heads and Greenstuff:
I also had a Fomoroid Crusher that my pal got me for my birthday, so that big fella got a good painting too! It was great fun to go to town on the details with such a big model, and I’m really pleased with him:
Finally, and only tangentially related, I used the spare bits from the model that used to make the War Alter in part 6, and just threw them together to make some scatter terrain:
And I think that’s you guys all caught up on my Realm of Warcry project – just as well because I’m on the verge of starting a new warband! More to follow on that subject soon, but first, I have a few 40k bits to share next week to get you fully up to date with my painting – catch you then.